Today, weight loss and fitness as an issue that has attracted a lot of people, especially young girls, has caused many profiteers to use drugs called slimming drugs in the short term to attract these people, but The important thing is that sustainable weight loss is only caused by undereating and proper physical activity such as walking, skipping rope, cycling and mountaineering. In this article from Dr. Salam, we provide you with 10 wonderful ways to reduce your appetite. Join us.
Great ways to reduce appetite
1. Eat more fiber-rich foods
There is a lot of evidence that fiber-rich foods reduce a large part of the appetite. Therefore, you can reduce your appetite by increasing your intake of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes, which are the main sources of fiber. Ingredients containing water make you feel good.
2. Reduce appetite with soup or appetizers
Eating a soup (hot or cold) at the beginning of a meal and before the main meal will make you crave less food. As a result, your body will absorb fewer calories. Of course, keep in mind that the type of soup and appetizer should be chosen accordingly. It should not be high in fat and high in calories. It is best to use low-calorie soups and desserts made from high-fiber ingredients.
3. Challenge your appetite by eating a large salad
A study has shown that when people consume 3 servings (cups) of low-calorie salad (100 calories) before their main meal, they consume 12% fewer calories during meals. And when a smaller salad eats about 1.5 cups of low-calorie (50-calorie) calories, it consumes 7% fewer calories during a meal. The salad was a combination of lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, celery, cucumber and low-fat or fat-free sauce. Keep in mind that eating a high-fat, high-calorie salad, even in small amounts, can encourage you to eat more high-calorie foods, even when you are not eating a salad!
4. Be loyal to your diet
– A little variety in meals is very good and even necessary. But having several programs in one meal will lead you in the wrong direction. Adding an extra period to your meal, even in small amounts, usually the total calories consumed in It increases the meal (unless the salad or soup is low in calories)
5. Eat an orange or grapefruit
– Research shows that plant foods are low in calories and high in soluble fiber. In the meantime, oranges or grapefruits make a person feel full faster and also help keep blood sugar steady. It is better to say that these two fruits help reduce appetite. Among the 20 most popular fruits and vegetables, oranges and grapefruits have the highest amount of fiber.
6. Consumption of milk
Increasing the intake of low-fat dairy foods is a great way to get two proteins that are thought to suppress appetite. These two proteins are whey and casein. The main way to get these two is to drink milk. Recent research has shown that whey (the liquid part of whey) has a much higher effect on reducing appetite than casein.
Read more about this: 18 golden keys to reduce appetite and lose weight
7. Use of some fats with cereals; Of course not in large quantities
When we eat fatty foods, a hormone called leptin is released in the body. This is a good thing, of course, as long as we use enough. Recent studies have shown that leptin deficiency (due to a very low fat diet) can increase a person’s appetite. Obviously, our goal is the opposite. And of course, this does not mean that we should choose a high-fat diet.
8. Use of soy
Soy, protein and fat are high in carbohydrates or whole grains. Research has shown that consuming soy alone is satisfactory for the individual. And it is likely to greatly reduce a person’s appetite compared to other foods. But recent studies in mice have shown that only a specific component in soybeans has the quality and property of definitive suppression of appetite.
– Nuts because of the protein and fiber in it helps you feel satisfied. A handful of vitamins and fortified minerals in it allow you to stay longer between meals.
10. Slow down your eating speed.
It takes at least 20 minutes for your brain to send a message that your stomach is full and stop eating. When you eat slowly, the brain has a chance to adapt to the stomach, which will reduce the amount of food you eat.
Prepared and edited by: Sanaz Motalebi Khameneh, nutritionist and dietitian
Source: Dr. Salam