If you’re sick of the basic wheat-based tortilla wraps out there and want to try something fresh, then look no further than these crunchy veggie cabbage wraps! They make you feel full, prevent you from feeling bloated, and stimulate the digestive juices. Not to mention, they are incredibly tasty and full of vitamins, minerals, and crucial phytonutrients.
Cabbage is one of the most miraculous foods on the planet. It is a wonderful digestive tract healer, and can even heal and cure ulcers. It can do wonders for the kidneys, and is great for drying up oily, acne-prone skin. It also possesses anti-inflammatory properties, which is great for those suffering from conditions like arthritis and gout.
– 1 small cabbage (optional – can stick in the freezer overnight to soften the leaves, making it easier to wrap veggies)
– few leaves romaine lettuce, spinach, or arugula (or a mixture of the three)
– broccoli sprouts and/or sunflower sprouts (or whatever sprouts you like)
– matchstick carrots, zucchini, and cucumber
– Roughly chopped purple cabbage
– 1 avocado, mashed
Mango Chutney Dressing:
– 2 mangoes, chopped into cubes
– 1 chopped green chilli
– 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro (coriander)
– 1 tbsp. finely chopped ginger
– 1/8 tsp. turmeric powder
– 1/8 tsp. curry powder
– pinch of salt or homemade celery “salt” (dehydrated celery)
1. Blend the mango chutney ingredients until well incorporated. I like to leave mine slightly chunky. Set off to the side (this is your dipping sauce).
2. Take the cabbage, and flatten on a cutting board. Spread on some of the avocado mash, and then layer the remaining ingredients near the bottom end of the cabbage, and then roll up into wraps (secure with toothpick if necessary).