Drink This Turmeric Ginger Coconut Milk Before Bed To Promote Better Digestion And More Restful Sleep
There’s nothing quite like calming down to a warm cup of tea at the end of the day. But what if your tea could provide you with sleep-promoting and digestive-boosting benefits?
This turmeric ginger coconut milk does just that. But how does it do it?
Heavy meals before bed mean more interrupted sleep at night. Turmeric is considered a digestive bitter and carminative, meaning that it helps improve digestion and reduces gas and bloating. It also stimulates bile production in the liver, and encourages excretion of bile via the gallbladder (thereby improving the body’s ability to digest fats).
Turmeric is anti-inflammatory, too, which soothes the lining of the digestive tract and prevents the formation of ulcers.
Ginger is also another great herb that acts as an anti-inflammatory. It helps aid the digestive tract by toning the muscles in the intestine and stimulating the breakdown of food particles. It can therefore help soothe gas pains, as well as digest and metabolize fats to help relieve stomach pains.
Turmeric and ginger together are also warming, which will help you wind down for a restful night of sleep. Drink this turmeric ginger coconut milk 1 hour before bed and let the magic work!
Turmeric Ginger Coconut Milk Recipe
Ingredients: (serves 1)
– 2 cups coconut milk (canned or fresh – you can make your own using this recipe here)
– 1 tsp. organic turmeric
– 1/4 tsp. black pepper
– 2-inches fresh ginger root, grated
– 1 tbsp. maple syrup or raw honey
1. Put all ingredients (except maple syrup/honey) into a saucepan and heat until it is at a low boil.
2. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat, and strain into a cup, then stir in honey. Enjoy!