Dysphagia is a type of difficulty in swallowing. Patients with this disorder should follow a special diet. The diet for these people is often composed of liquids and crushed foods. The advice of nutritionists Read on.
The second stage of dysphagia diet ⇐ crushed diet
کاربرد Used in patients with the following problems:
- Disorder in the preparation stage in the mouth
- No teeth
- Reduce smoky movements in the throat area
♦ General specifications of the regime:
- Nuts, raw fruits other than mashed bananas and raw vegetables are not allowed.
- Medications should be given to the patient in liquid or crushed form, along with pureed fruit.
- Liquids and water must be concentrated before consumption with commercial liquid concentrate products.
مجاز Permitted foods in the crushed and chopped diet:
- Puree, plain bread, pasta or cooked rice if tolerated
- Boiled or scrambled eggs are soft
- Milk, yogurt, cream cheese and soft cheeses
- Cooked and mashed fruits without skin or seeds, mashed bananas, concentrated fruit extracts
- A variety of cooked and mashed vegetables without skin and seeds
- Margarine, butter and simple sauces
- Concentrated soup types
- Minced meat and mixed with concentrated meat water
- Porridge, ice cream, soft desserts, jelly if tolerated
- All beverages when mixed with commercial liquid concentrate products
- Honey and sugar
◊ Crushed and chopped diet samples
- Simple mild mixed with sugar and milk, soft scrambled eggs, butter or margarine, ripe and mashed bananas
- Crushed and thickened vegetable soup, minced chicken with thick sauce prepared with chicken broth, soft or mashed pumpkin, mashed or chopped carrots, porridge, cooked and crushed fruit
- Concentrated chicken soup, minced red meat with thick sauce prepared with broth, mashed or chopped green bean puree, yogurt, fruit puree
Read more in the following links:
Third stage dysphagia regime
Dysphagia regimen stage IV
Prepared and edited by: Sanaz Motalebi Khameneh, nutritionist and dietitian
Source: Dr. Salam