There is nothing better than starting your day with a nourishing breakfast with quality nutrients that help support your detox organs throughout the day. Whether it’s a smoothie, a giant bowl of fruit or a fresh juice, you can guarantee your body will be laughing with joy. If you want an even deeper cleanse, read on.
This chia coconut pudding is loaded with soluble fibre to help stimulate cleansing and infuse your body with essential nutrients. In fact, just two tablespoons of chia seeds contain about 9 grams of fibre.
Chia seeds are also loaded with brain-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, vitamin C, manganese, phosphorous, magnesium and protein. This makes chia seeds an excellent food to support the healthy activity of your body and its natural detox ability. In fact, omega-3 fatty acids are great for restoring and regenerating the cells in our body, especially the ones in our brain. It is also a powerful anti-inflammatory, so it helps get rid of the triggers that would normally contribute to chronic disease.
The fibre in chia seeds help accelerate metabolism and cleanse toxins, waste and excess cholesterol, helping your colon flush them out and lowering your risk of chronic disease.
If our digestive tract is backed up with toxic waste matter as a result of a Standard American Diet, we aren’t going to be feeling our best. With chia seeds incorporated into our diet, we can easily get things moving and push out waste from our intestinal tract that has been sitting there for years.
Chia Coconut Pudding Recipe
Ingredients: (serves 1-2)
– 1 can coconut milk (or 1.5 cups homemade coconut milk)
– 1/2 cup water
– 6 dates, pitted
– 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp chia seeds
– Pinch of sea salt
– 1 tbsp. hemp seeds
– 1/4 cup sunflower and pumpkin seeds (mixed)
– 1 cup diced pineapple
1. Add coconut milk, water, dates and sea salt to a blender.
2. Blend on high until dates are completely blended.
3. Pour into a glass storage container, add the chia seeds and stir.
4. Place into the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
5. Spoon 1 cup of chia pudding into a bowl and top with hemp seeds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, and some diced pineapple.