Do you know what are the fertility enhancers? What diet do you follow to increase your fertility? For Fertility Booster If you are planning to get pregnant, you definitely need to read this. Food is very useful in boosting fertility in both women and men. If you have a healthy lifestyle and marital relationship, then it is better to add a fertile diet to hear the good news sooner. Having such a diet will help you in the fertilization process. In this article from the section Nutrition And Obstetrics and Gynecology Dr. Salam, we are reviewing fertility enhancing foods.
What is meant by a fertility-enhancing diet?
The fertility-boosting diet includes foods that boost the reproductive system by regulating ovulation and increasing the chance of fertilization. These foods contain nutrients that are essential for hormonal balance in eggs and sperm. Having a fertile diet plays an important role in starting the process of having a healthy baby. Before you know about the foods in this diet, it is best to get acquainted with the nutrients that are effective in strengthening the reproductive system.
In this section, we refer to the nutrients that are effective in having a successful fertilization:
- Beta-carotene: A plant food to regulate hormones and increase fertility in men
- Vitamin B: Strengthens the ovaries during ovulation and prevents miscarriage.
- Folic acid is useful for preventing neurological disorders in newborns.
- Vitamin C: Helps women absorb progesterone during luteal phase problems
- Vitamin D: Helps with fertility for both men and women, treats a variety of reproductive disorders such as uterine fibroids and PCOS in women, and strengthens important semen factors for fertility in men.
- Vitamin E: Boosts the health of eggs and sperm
- Iron: Prevents the possibility of egg infertility
- Omega-3 fatty acids: increase sperm count and motility, as well as increase blood flow to the uterus
- Antioxidants: Prevention and treatment of infertility
- Zinc and selenium: increase sperm quality
- High-fat dairy: Reduce the risk of egg infertility
All of these nutrients can be found in vegetables, fruits, nuts, grains and dairy products.
List of foods that enhance fertility
In this section, we refer to a number of foods that are effective in fertility that can be added to the diet:
A. Vegetables: Vegetables are rich sources of folic acid and vitamin C.
- Leafy vegetables
Spinach, Swiss beets, kale and other leafy vegetables are high in folic acid, which helps with ovulation, quality sperm production and reduces the risk of miscarriage and genetic disorders.
Broccoli is a rich source of vitamin C and folic acid, which is useful in the ovulation process.
Contains large amounts of folic acid, which helps the uterus form an inner layer and increases the chances of sperm survival.
Cabbage is a very good food for women who have problems in pregnancy. Cabbage contains di-indolyl methane, which prevents fibroids and endometriosis.
Baked potatoes are one of the best foods in the reproductive diet, which contains vitamin C to prevent luteal phase problems.
Tomatoes are a rich source of lycopene that will help increase sperm count and speed up their swimming.
Carrots are rich in beta-carotene.
This nutrient contains phytoestrogens to release eggs faster and help with luteal phase problems in women.
Fruits: Fruits are the best sources of antioxidants that are essential for fertility.
This section provides a list of fruits that are good for the reproductive system.
Pomegranate contains a lot of vitamin C, which helps to strengthen sexual power.
Avocados are rich in folic acid, vitamin E, fiber, minerals and essential fats. Vitamin E helps to form the inner layer of the uterus.
Bananas contain large amounts of vitamin B6 and potassium, which help boost fertility by regulating hormones and increasing the quality of eggs and sperm.
Berries such as raspberries and blueberries are rich in folic acid and vitamin C, which increase fertility in both men and women.
C. Non-vegetarian foods: These foods include meat, fish and eggs, which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
Eggs contain omega-3 fatty acids, folic acid, choline and vitamin D.
This seafood contains large amounts of vitamin B12, which is useful in creating the intrauterine layer in women and increasing the number of sperm in men.
Snails contain vitamin B12.
Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Red meat (chicken / beef)
Meat is a rich source of needed iron and fatty acids.
D- Dairy products: They are rich in calcium, good fats and vitamin D.
Dairy products are among the essential foods to speed up the fertilization process. Here is a list of essential dairy products in the reproductive system:
Whole milk contains good calcium and fat.
Greek yogurt is a rich source of calcium, probiotics and vitamin D.
E. Spices and herbs: The work of this group of nutrients is to establish estrogen balance and strengthen sexual power in men and women.
- Maca (Peruvian Ginseng)
Maca is a good source of amino acids and glucosides that help boost sexual potency.
Turmeric contains antioxidants to treat menstrual problems.
Garlic is a perfect spice for Boost fertility It is rich in selenium and antioxidants. Selenium increases sperm motility and increases the chance of fertilization if consumed daily during ovulation.
F- Oil and oil seeds
Apart from vegetables, fruits, meats and spices, their oils and seeds play an important role in increasing fertility. Here are some of them:
Olive oil contains unsaturated fats to prevent internal inflammation and increase insulin in women. This oil is also used in pairs under IVF treatment Are applicable.
Pumpkin seeds are rich in zinc, which helps maintain a healthy reproductive system, increases testosterone and semen levels, and increases blood flow to the genitals. Zinc also helps produce mature eggs.
- Flaxseed oil (flaxseed oil)
This seed contains omega-3 fatty acids, which play an important role in reducing the possibility of fibroid production in the uterus and increasing fertility.
- Sunflower seeds
Sunflower seeds are a rich source of zinc.
G. Dried fruits
This list of nutrients can also be in your fertility diet:
Almonds contain vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids.
Walnuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium and fiber, which help sperm motility and survival.
H- Other foods:
Quinoa is a gluten-free cereal that contains fiber. folic acid, Protein and zinc.
Lentils and beans contain protein, fiber and Vitamin B Is.
Whole grains include rice, millet, barley, etc., which contain fiber, which plays an important role in regulating blood sugar and also maintains high levels of folic acid to boost fertility.
This oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D.
Foods that should not be consumed for fertility
While some foods help with fertility, others have negative effects on the reproductive system. If you are planning to have children, you should avoid eating certain foods that reduce your chances of getting pregnant. Here is a list of these foods:
- Foods that contain agricultural toxins, such as strawberries, spinach, peppers or grapes, reduce the chances of fertility.
- Seafood such as swordfish, shark and fish tiles are high in mercury. High levels of mercury lead to miscarriage and infertility.
- Foods high in trans fats, such as oily foods, fried and processed foods, can lead to egg infertility.
- High carbohydrate intake also leads to infertility. In contrast, low carbohydrate intake also leads to infertility by affecting insulin and testosterone levels. Foods low in unrefined carbohydrates, such as sugary foods and processed grains, raise blood sugar levels and reduce fertility.
- High caffeine consumption leads to miscarriage and increases the risk of infertility.
- Drinking alcohol and smoking have negative effects on fertility.
- Soy products contain phytoestrogens that help with infertility.
If you are planning to get pregnant, follow the fertility-boosting diet listed above to have a healthy baby. These foods are easily available in all stores and will be very useful for your pregnancy.