How to get rid of urinary tract infection
If you want to solve your urinary infection problems at home, we recommend you to use the following tricks and treatment methods. These traditional medicine treatment methods can have many beneficial effects to solve this disease.
The most important nutritional recommendations that can be mentioned in this regard are:
Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day. Avoid sugary drinks and sweetened fruit juices. The recommended amount is 6 to 8 glasses of purified water per day.
– Due to the presence of proanthocyanidin, the extracts of cranberry and blueberry inhibit the attachment of bacteria to the bladder tissue. Drinking unsweetened Qaraqat juice regularly helps to reduce the risk of urinary tract infections, but be careful that drinking these extracts will not cure UTIs. So, if you have symptoms of a urinary tract infection, you should see a doctor and get antibiotics.
– Try to reduce the consumption of allergens, preservatives and food additives.
– Eat more foods containing antioxidants such as fruits such as blueberries, cherries and vegetables such as pumpkin and tomatoes.
– Consume more foods containing fiber such as beans, oats, root vegetables such as potatoes and psyllium seeds.
– Avoid consuming refined foods such as white bread, pasta and especially sugar.
– Use less red meat and eat more fish, soybeans and beans as a source of protein.
– Use healthy cooking oils such as olive oil or vegetable oil.
Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day. Avoid sugary drinks and sweetened fruit juices. The recommended amount is 6 to 8 glasses of purified water per day
– Reduce the consumption of trans fatty acids in your diet or eliminate them if possible; These types of fatty acids are usually found in baked foods in the food industry, such as cookies, crackers, fried potatoes, processed foods, and margarine.
– Avoid coffee and other stimulants such as alcohol and tobacco.
– Have at least 30 minutes of physical activity for 5 days a week.
– Some nutritional deficiencies may also be the cause of urinary tract infection, for this reason, receiving these micronutrients in the required amount and even in supplemental form can help a lot to improve the disease.
Read more: How do we know if we have a urinary tract infection (UTI)?
Daily consumption of multivitamins including antioxidants such as vitamins C, A, E and B complex and micronutrients such as magnesium, calcium, zinc and selenium.
Daily consumption of vitamin C or its food sources as an antioxidant and immune system booster. Vitamin C inhibits the growth of Escherichia coli bacteria, which is the most important cause of urinary tract infections. In addition, supplementing with vitamin C leads to an increase in the acidity of urine, which is an unsafe environment for the growth of bacteria; In a study among pregnant women who received vitamin C supplements, it was shown that the incidence of urinary tract infections in them was 56% lower than in the group that did not receive supplements.
– Consuming omega-3 fatty acids such as fish oil or omega-3 capsules, which help reduce inflammation and improve general health, is also useful. Fish are also good sources.
Daily consumption of inositol-6-phosphate as a supplement or through its sources is recommended. This compound, which is called phytic acid, is found in many seeds, grains and rice bran and is useful for kidney health in this disease.
Vitamin C inhibits the growth of Escherichia coli bacteria, which is the most important cause of urinary tract infections. In addition, supplementing with vitamin C leads to an increase in the acidity of urine, which is an unsafe environment for the growth of bacteria; In a study among pregnant women who received vitamin C supplements, it was shown that the incidence of urinary tract infections in them was 56% lower than in the group that did not receive supplements.
– Probiotic supplement containing Lactobacillus acidophilus is recommended daily to maintain gastrointestinal and immune system health. There is a lot of scientific evidence that probiotics can be used to treat urinary problems.
– Grapefruit extract is useful due to its antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral activity.
– Consumption of green tea is recommended due to its antioxidant, anti-cancer and immune effects.
– Reducing the intake of fat in the diet stimulates the immune system, and for this reason, it is recommended to reduce the intake of fat during acute infection.
In general, consumption of foods rich in antioxidants, vitamins and dietary fiber is recommended in women who are prone to infection due to their ability to prevent urinary tract infection.