You’d least expect it, but my new favourite, fruity, summer-time drink is tea! Blueberry infused lemon iced tea, that is. The best thing is, is that you can eat the blueberries afterward (and the lemon, too).
If you need a way to cool off this summer, then you’ve got to make this tea. Be sure to choose a tea that isn’t caffeinated. I love making my own blends, especially those that are slightly sweeter (aka. nettle or dandelion root) with hints of flower essence like chamomile, lavender or rose.
You can make a huge batch of this and keep it in the fridge if you please. This recipe is for 1 large mason jar full (about 1 litre).
Blueberry Infused Lemon Iced Tea Recipe
– 1/2 cup blueberries
– 1 herbal tea bag of your choice (I used a blend of nettles and lavender)
– 1/2 lemon, sliced into half-moons
– 1/4 cup ice
– Optional: 1 tbsp. raw liquid honey
1. Boil 4 cups of water and let tea steep until cool
2. Place tea-infused water into large mason jar (or other large glass jar)
3. Add blueberries, lemon, and honey, and chill for 3 hours
4. Once ready, add ice and enjoy!