How To Make Your Own Turmeric Supplements – They’re The Most Powerful Natural Medicine Around
Sure, you may be able to buy supplements to reap the amazing healing power of turmeric, but when you can easily make your own, it seems kind of pointless to spend all your money on a company just for its reputation (if you haven’t already looked, turmeric supplements are pricey!).
Most herbal turmeric supplements manufactured in the United States do not comply with quality or safety regulations, so knowing what ingredients you use in your own supplements means that you’re keeping the quality control in your own hands.
Turmeric – The Most Powerful Natural Medicine Around
Turmeric is a popular East Indian spice that can prevent a wide variety of chronic diseases. It is easily absorbed int he intestinal tract, allowing it to enter the bloodstream and fight chronic inflammation (the root cause of nearly all illness, including cancer).
The active compound in turmeric that makes it so effective at fighting disease is curcumin. Curcumin has been shown effective for fighting off free radicals, rejuvenating cells and cleansing the liver and heart (1, 2, 3).
The health benefits of turmeric are endless. Since I’ve already written countless articles going into the health benefits of turmeric, I’ll just summarize all the amazing things this herb can do:
– Reduces the side effects of chemotherapy
– Aids in fat metabolism and weight management
– Helps coughs
– Strengthens ligaments
– Skin tonic
– Speeds up wound healing
– Natural analgesic and antibiotic
– Natural anti-inflammatory
– Blood purifier
– Slows progression of MS and Alzheimer’s
– Improves digestion, and helps prevent gas/bloating and heals stomach ulcers
– Lowers cholesterol
– Improves skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis
– Helps prevent many cancers (leukaemia, breast, prostate, lung, colon, etc.)
– Improves asthma
It has also been found to be just as effective as these pharmaceuticals, without all the negative side effects:
– Anti-depressants like Prozac
– Pain killers (like ibuprofen and tylenol)
– Anti-coagulants like Aspirin, Plavix, Diclofenac, Lovenox, Advil, Motrin, Naproxen and others
– Diabetes drugs like Metformin
– Cholesterol drugs like Lipitor
– Arthritis medications
– Inflammatory bowel disease drugs
How To Make Your Own Turmeric Supplements
Making your own turmeric supplements isn’t as hard as it sounds. You don’t necessarily need to make them with gelatin pill caps, either. This recipe is modified from the one created by Natural Wild and Free, and it’s seriously amazing!
You could, if you want, stick this solution into gel caps – that way, the turmeric will have a better time reaching the intestinal tract for better absorption. For instructions on that method, check it out here. Either way, both turmeric supplements will help your body fight disease quickly, and efficiently.
– 1/3 cup organic, ground turmeric powder
– 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper (increases bioavailability of curcumin up to 150%)
– 3 tbsp. raw, organic honey
– 1 tbsp. coconut oil (healthy fats improve absorption of curcumin)
1. Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl to make a paste (make sure the coconut oil is liquid – you can heat it up a bit on the stove to make it so).
2. Take pinches of the turmeric paste and roll into small balls.
3. Place in the freezer for 1 hour and remove.
4. Store in a glass container and keep in the refrigerator.
5. Eat 2-3 pieces every day.