In order to succeed in fertility, men must follow some important principles. Preventing infertility requires following some important points. Nutrition plays an important role in this field. We want to get to know useful food sources to increase men’s fertility.
◊ Usually, one third of infertility cases are related to men. Tips that help increase male fertility are:
- Sufficient consumption of fruits and vegetables, especially green, purple and yellow vegetables, apples, oranges and kiwi
- Consuming whole grains so that at least half of the grains consumed per day are whole grains.
- Use of low-fat dairy products that contain calcium, vitamin D and protein at least 3 units per day
- Reducing the consumption of red meat and replacing it with less fatty foods such as fish, turkey and chicken, as well as plant sources of protein such as beans and nuts.
- Reducing the consumption of saturated fats by limiting the consumption of high-fat meats, high-fat dairy products and fried foods
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol
- Maintain weight within normal range
- Exercise in moderation
In men, sufficient amount of zinc will help to increase the number of sperms and the secretion of sufficient testosterone in their body. Remember that sufficient sperm size will enable men to fertilize the egg easily.
◊ Food sources that contain zinc include the following:
- Green Peas
- Venison meat
- Sesame Seed
- Pumpkin seeds
Also, as a parent who plans to become pregnant in the near future, be aware that zinc in foods that are heated and cooked will be completely destroyed. Therefore, try to consume foods containing zinc in raw form.
◊ Sleep disorder reduces male fertility
Lack of sleep in men reduces their fertility. In fact, just as the correct diet, providing the right position and mental preparation are among the important factors in women’s fertility, the amount and quality of men’s sleep also directly affects this issue.
Based on this, men’s fertility is directly affected by their sleep deprivation or oversleeping. Accordingly, the chance of becoming a father is 42% lower for men who sleep less than 6 hours or more than 9 hours a day. In addition, men who have experienced some form of sleep disorder have problems with fertility. The main reason for such an event is related to the amount of hormones in the body, because the amount and type of sleep is directly related to the amount of testosterone.
In fact, the number of hours you sleep during the day determines the amount of testosterone your body produces, and this can affect a couple’s chances of conceiving.
Source: Dr. Salam
Related link: Sleep can be effective in male fertility
20 February 1395 10:29
share (How can you send this article to others)