Pepper full of properties
Buy fresh pepper
– When you buy peppers, make sure they are fresh, transparent and bold. Wrinkled peppers or those with black spots are not a good choice and spoil quickly.
– Wrap the peppers sitting in an envelope or paper towel and put them in the refrigerator. In this case, they will stay good for up to a week. Remember not to put them in plastic bags in the refrigerator because they will quickly disappear.
Fresh pepper is a good source of fiber, vitamin A and C.
Do not overdo it
Nutritionists warn you not to eat too much pepper. Excessive consumption of pepper increases the secretion of stomach acid, so it is more important to observe this point, especially for people who suffer from stomach upset.
Its properties are similar to black pepper, but these peppers differ in terms of spiciness. White pepper is hotter than other members of its family and is usually used to prepare various sauces.
Pickled red pepper
An exciting choice for chili lovers that has a pleasant appearance and smell. When preparing factory pickles, various ingredients are added to them, which makes their taste delicious and appetizing. As a result, there is a possibility that the continuous consumption of pickled pepper will make you obese and overweight. Of course, the fiber in pickled peppers helps your body’s health. Fibers are among the useful foods that increase the body’s metabolism. The important thing about the health of pickles is that it is recommended not to put pickles in plastic containers and pour them into glass containers. Otherwise, harmful and carcinogenic compounds will be created in pickles.
In the chemical composition of red pepper, there is a substance called capsaicin, which gives the hot taste of pepper due to its presence. Various researches have proven that this substance helps reduce blood cholesterol and is a strong antioxidant. Capsaicin also reduces the risk of blood clots in the veins.
– It is true that red pepper causes burning in the mouth and you might think for a moment that you are on fire, but the fact is that it has been proven that red pepper has analgesic properties and reduces pain naturally.
– The antibacterial property of pepper prevents infectious diarrhea.
– Consuming red pepper reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes and stops prostate cells from becoming cancerous.
If you want to prepare spicy foods, use pepper puree instead of using spicy powders. While this puree changes the color of your food, it quickly makes your food spicy.
When you put foods containing black pepper in your mouth, the stimulation of the taste buds sends a message to your stomach to secrete more hydrochloric acid. As a result, food digestion is done better. In fact, hydrochloric acid is necessary for the digestion of protein and other foods, and if its amount is not sufficient, it causes indigestion.
– Black pepper prevents the formation of intestinal gases. In addition, the consumption of black pepper increases body sweating and is a diuretic.
– This spice has antioxidant and antibacterial effects that ensure the health of the digestive system.
– Black pepper not only helps in the absorption of useful food substances, but the outer layer of the pepper seed disrupts the activity of fat cells and keeps you slim while giving you energy.
Note: As long as the pepper is not ground and turned into a powder, it has more properties, so if you want to benefit from all the properties of black pepper, grind its seeds a little before consumption. Store black pepper in a covered glass container in a dry, dark and cool place. Black pepper seeds remain healthy for a long time, but buy the powder in small quantities and use it soon.