Things to know before cosmetic surgery
From ancient times, human beings have shown interest in staying young and beautiful by making natural masks from various plants. But today, with the advancement of science and people’s interest in cosmetic surgery, those natural masks have been replaced. But anyone who wants to have a cosmetic procedure should keep in mind. Because these operations have a high risk and with an individual mistake, the entire composition of the face changes and the beauty of the face is not damaged. Therefore, never skip the tips of this simple article.
55. All people who undergo lip augmentation surgery should be physically healthy and have reasonable expectations about the results of this treatment.
56. Applicants for lip surgery should provide a complete report of their previous allergies to the surgeon.
57. The shelf life of temporary fillers (lip gel injections, liposuction, etc.) used to enlarge thin lips depends on how quickly your body breaks down the filler elements used in the lips.
58. The use of certain drugs, herbs and vitamins is stopped two weeks before surgery.
59. Eating or drinking food after midnight the day before surgery should be avoided.
60- Do not wear make-up, jewelry or eye lenses on the day of surgery.
61. The three most common types of lip prostheses are SoftForm, GORE-TEX and AlloDerm. Each of these methods has a slight difference in terms of impact on the patient’s lips. That’s why you need to know about these methods to choose the right method.
62. The results of using injectable lip fillers are temporary, because the body actually breaks down and absorbs these substances over time.
63. The duration of action of these substances varies from person to person, but on average, these substances lose their effect after four to six months.
64. People who intend to use lip prosthesis to permanently enlarge their lips, it is recommended to use temporary fillers first and if the results are desirable for them, choose permanent methods for lip beautification.
65. Lip augmentation using lip fillers, fat transfer surgery or the use of lip prostheses is usually done in a doctor’s office.
66. The length of the recovery period for lip augmentation surgery depends on the type of surgery performed. However, most patients can return to normal activities after one day.
67. After any type of lip augmentation surgery, the patient may experience some swelling and bruising on his face. If fillers are used to enlarge the lips, these side effects can last for a week, and if a lip prosthesis is used to do so, the time required for complete removal of these side effects is usually three weeks.
68. There is a possibility of infection in the lips and therefore it is important that the treatment process after any type of lip augmentation surgery is under the supervision of a physician. Any swelling or discharge in the lips should be reported to your doctor immediately. In abnormal conditions, the body can reject the lip prosthesis and force the patient to remove the prosthesis.
69. Lip prosthesis can deform, which also usually requires secondary surgery to correct the condition of the lip prosthesis.
70. Prosthetics and lip gel injections increase the risk of infection in the body.
71. In gel injection, if an infection occurs during the absorption period, it will be very dangerous, because the injection is done at different levels and can not be removed like a foreign body prosthesis. Therefore, other areas of the body may also develop abscesses and infections.
72. Although fat injection is more difficult to do, it has fewer complications and problems than the other two methods.
73- After lip surgery, first do not massage and manipulate that area and do not expose the lips to heat and cold.
74. Like any other type of injection in the face, the possibility of allergic complications, pain during and after the injection, swelling and the possibility of bruising of the lips, and even the possibility of adverse outcomes such as asymmetry (injection of disproportionate volume) should be considered. The patient should be informed.
75- After absorbing the gels, the lips return to their original shape and no special shape change takes place.
76- If the gels used for lip enhancement are of non-standard type, this complication is possible, so if a woman intends these injections, she must use standard gels with a valid brand.
77. In some cases, following the injection of the gel, a person develops herpes, which can be easily treated by a specialist doctor, otherwise this can cause a scar (scar) on the face.
78. Injections of Botox and Botox are very safe and in most cases without any specific side effects, but in any case, like all drugs, Botox also has a number of potential side effects.
79. In 2% of cases, Botox injections may cause a slight drooping of the upper or lower eyelid. This condition is usually temporary and does not last more than two to three weeks.
80. Occasionally there is a stiff forehead (lasting two to three weeks) or a temporary headache after the injection.
81- In 15% of cases, bruising of the injection site occurs due to dead blood. This complication is more common in external eye injections and usually resolves within 10 days. Putting ice before the injection and compressing it very slowly with gas for only a few seconds after the injection is helpful in preventing this from happening.
82- Drooping eyebrows is a very rare complication of Botox injections, which is usually used due to the injection of excessive amounts of Botox.
83. Do not take any painkillers or anti-inflammatory drugs except acetaminophen, vitamin E and Ginko compounds for a week before the injection.
84- Do not inject makeup in the morning.
85. If you have a specific disease, be sure to talk to your doctor.
86- During the injection, it is better for the patient to sit and frown so that the lines are completely clear.
87- Up to four hours after the injection, lying down, any massage or manipulation of the injected area, exposure to the sun and exercising are prohibited. Smiling, frowning and raising eyebrows will give better results.
88. Each patient responds differently to Botox injections.
89. If you are pregnant, you should not use Botox at all.
90. People suffering from muscle diseases, especially neuromuscular diseases should be very careful about using Botox injections and may not go for such injections at all. Again, consulting a doctor can be the best option for deciding on this issue.
91- The distance between Botox injection sites is very important. If these gaps are too small in the forehead injection, the eye muscles may expand and cause diplopia and similar problems, so be sure to have a qualified doctor do this for you before the injection. Be, because then his skill will prevent any problems.
92. After the injection, you should still wait 10 minutes for the injected Botox to be absorbed by the muscles. Once the muscles absorb Botox, you can go home.
93- After two hours, you can apply light makeup on the injected areas.
94. At the same time, do not forget one point; Do not exercise at all on the day you inject Botox.
95. The first effect of Botox will last between 2 to 6 months. This persistence varies from person to person.
96. The time of the next injection should occur when the first injection has lost its effect. You will find over time that each injection will work for you for several months. Of course, you should not wait for the second injection until the effect of the first Botox is completely gone.
97. After 2 years of injections at regular intervals, the muscles recover later than before, and after that it is not at all unlikely that the time intervals of Botox injections will turn into 2-year intervals.
98. Almost all facial wrinkles respond well to injections, but the indentation remains that fillers should be used.
99. If the injection site is clearly red, use a cold compress – ice – for a few hours. This is not necessary if you do not have symptoms such as redness and itching at the injection site.
100. Tell your doctor if you find drooping eyelids or diplopia following Botox injections.
101- The effects of Botox injection start 48 hours after the injection, but its maximum effect appears two weeks after the injection.