This delicious turmeric tea recipe contains powerful body-detoxifying spices like turmeric, ginger and cinnamon. It is an effective anti-inflammatory blend that works wonders for joint and arthritis pain and is one of the strongest liver detoxes available.
We accumulate toxins from everything and anything. Our food, our water, our air – you name it. When the liver can’t keep up with our toxic load, toxins accumulate in the body and manifest as different diseases and illnesses. In fact, EPA studies of human fat biopsies show styrene residues (used in the production of plastics) are in 100% of people. Whether you like it or not, your body is toxic, and needs a little herbal help.
Turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and raw honey are healers of the body. They contain compounds that help support the body’s detox pathways, and infuse the body with beneficial antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that rid the body of inflammation and dis-ease.
The benefits of this tea include:
– Full-body detox
– Immune system strengthening
– Liver tissue protection
– Blood cleansing and purification effects
– Eases symptoms of colds and coughs
– Improves circulation
– Improves skin
– Prevents internal blood clotting
– Reduces bad (“LDL”) cholesterol
– Incredibly effective anti-inflammatory (great for aches and pains, arthritis)
– Stimulates secretion of bile, which helps break down fat
– Cancer prevention
– Powerful anti-nausea remedy
– Migraine relief
– Digestive aid
– Speeds up muscle and wound healing
– Improves brain health (blocks formation of substances responsible for the development of Alzheimer’s disease)
– Support for those suffering from asthma
– Strengthens ligaments
Turmeric Tea Recipe
– 4 inches fresh turmeric root, juiced or grated (or 4 tsp. turmeric powder)
– 2 inches fresh ginger root, juiced or grated (or 2 tsp. ginger powder)
– 2 tsp. cinnamon
– pinch black pepper (to improve turmeric absorption)
– 1 tsp. fresh vanilla bean powder
– 2 tsp. raw honey
– 1/2 cup non-fat coconut milk
– warm water (not boiling)
1. Fill a large mug halfway with warm water (enough that you can touch it without burning your skin).
2. Add juiced/grated or powdered ginger and turmeric.
3. Cover and let steep for 10-15 minutes.
4. Stir in cinnamon, black pepper, vanilla and honey.
5. Fill the rest of the mug with coconut milk, stir and enjoy!