In this section, we get complete information about the size of the prostate. What is this disease and what are its symptoms and how is it treated?
It is better to know that benign prostate enlargement is not the cause of prostate cancer, but it is possible for benign and malignant prostate enlargement to exist together.
What are the ways to diagnose this disease? The symptoms mentioned in the previous section indicate the possibility of this disease. For a definitive diagnosis, the following must be done:
– By examining the prostate, the doctor can touch it and detect its enlargement.
– Blood and urine tests and ultrasound of kidneys, bladder and prostate are used for further investigation.
– It is better to know that benign prostate enlargement is not the cause of prostate cancer, but it is possible that benign and malignant prostate enlargement can exist together. Therefore, it is necessary in all patients who come with symptoms of benign prostate enlargement. PSA blood test and prostate examination.
What are the treatment options for benign prostate enlargement?
There are two types of treatment: medicine and surgery. The type of treatment depends on the patient’s condition.
What are the medical treatments for benign prostate enlargement?
1- Prostate muscle relaxants: they are the most important drugs used in the treatment of benign prostate enlargement. These drugs include Prazosin, Terazosin and Tamsulosin. These drugs improve urinary flow and relieve symptoms, but they do not affect the size of the prostate. The side effects of these drugs include dizziness when changing the position from sitting to standing, lightheadedness and weakness…
2- Finasteride: It is a drug that alone has a small effect in improving the symptoms caused by prostate enlargement, but in a few cases it causes the prostate to shrink.
3- Herbal medicines: such as pygium, whose effect has not been proven.
Patients who have one or more of the following symptoms related to prostate enlargement need prostate surgery:
1) Recurrent urinary infections
2) Bladder stones
3) Frequent urinary bleeding
4) Symptoms of kidney failure
5) Lack of proper response to drug treatment
What surgical methods are there to treat benign prostate enlargement?
1- Shaving the prostate through the duct (TUR-P).
2- Open prostate surgery: in cases where the size of the prostate is large. Prostate surgery is performed in an open manner.
New methods of treating prostate enlargement
Radio waves, laser or ultrasound waves are used in the treatment of benign prostate enlargement. These methods are evolving and their long-term results have not yet been determined.
Consumption of tomatoes has a direct effect on men’s health and reducing their prostate gland disorders, and cooked tomatoes are better than raw ones in this regard.
Source – Salamat News